**Disclosure** Scotiabank is not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details and current product information click the Apply Now link. My blog contains referral or affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your continued support.
Points Miles and Bling (blog) contains referral or affiliate links. The blog receives a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your continued support. Credit Card issuers are not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details, current product information, and Terms and Conditions, click the link included.
One of the strongest travel credit card in Canada, the Scotiabank Gold American Express card offers a myriad of reasons for it to be the primary card in every household. Particularly, I lean on these 5 reasons when recommending the card to most Canadians;
- Welcome bonus and annual fee waiver: 45,000 bonus Scene+ points (Apply by April 30, 2023), and no first year annual fee (savings of $120) is as good as they come. When redeemed for travel, the bonus points alone are worth $450.
- Earn Rates: 6x earn at major grocery stores like Sobeys, IGA, Safeway, Foodland, FreshCo (among others), or 5x earn at other grocery, dining, and entertainment – its not difficult for a large family to maximize the $50k limit on the accelerated earning potential.
- No FX fee: No foreign exchange fee on international transactions offer a 2.5% savings that not many cards in Canada do. A healthy saving for any travel outside Canada.
- Comprehensive insurance: The insurange coverage with the card is second to none, with end-to-end travel protection! Emergency Medical, Trip Canellation/Interruption, Flight Delay, Lost Luggage, Delayed Luggage, Rental Car insurance, Hotel/Motel Burglary Insurance, Mobile Device insurance, Purchase protection and Extended Warranty.
- Scene+: And saving best for last, Scene+ points are my go-to for all travel redemptions. With full flexibility, members can book their travel with any provider, and simply apply Scene+ points to the transaction on the card. 1000 points = $10 CAD
- Scotiabank Gold American Express Card – Apply Now
- Annual Fee:
$120First Year Annual fee waived
- Welcome Bonus: 45,000 bonus Scene+ points (Apply by April 30, 2023)
- 25,000 points with $1,000 in everyday eligible purchases in first 3 months from account opening
- 20,000 points with $7,500 in everyday eligible purchases in first year of cardmembership
- Earning Rate:
- 5X on Grocery, Dining and Entertainment (Canada only)
- 3X Gas, Daily Transit, Select Streaming Services (Canada only)
- 1X on all other purchases
- Other Key Benefits:
- No FX mark up – Foreign Currency Conversion Fee of 0%
- Comprehensive Travel and shopping Insurance coverage
- Annual Fee:
Detailed list of benefits and perks of the card are listed here
- Redeeming Scene+ points
- Book directly through Scene+ Travel Service (full-service travel agency): 1 cent a piece, 10,000 points for $100 and so on..
- Book with ANY Travel Provider: Apply points at 1 cent a piece (10,000 points = $100)
- Redeem as Statement Credit: Redemption value can range from 0.6-0.8 cents per point
- Redeem for gift cards, prepaid cards or other merchandise
An everyday card with elite redemption abilities, is how I see Scotiabak Gold American Express Card. It is a true heavy hitter in a very competitive travel credit card market in Canada, and one I prescribe for every canadian wallet.
[…] This was published by BoardingArea, to read the complete post please visit https://travelupdate.com/5-reasons-scotiabank-amex-gold-should-be-in-your-wallet/. […]