Points Miles and Bling (blog) contains referral or affiliate links. The blog receives a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your continued support. Credit Card issuers are not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details, current product information, and Terms and Conditions, click the link included.
Aeroplan Elite Status is definitely a gift that keeps on giving. Starting today, October 3rd, Aeroplan Elite status members (and Aeroplan Premium co-brand cardholders) will be able to request a complimentary status upgrade in the Avis Preferred program – to enjoy benefits like car upgrades, priority handling and more.
Aeroplan members – Avis Status Match and Upgrade
- Link to request Avis Preferred status upgrade
- Aeroplan members must already be a member of Avis Preferred to request their upgrade. Or use this link to enrol in Avis Preferred program before requesting the upgrade.
Aeroplan members will be eligible for a status upgrade, as follows;
- Aeroplan 25k = Avis Preferred Plus
- Aeroplan 35k = Avis Preferred Plus
- Aeroplan 50k = Avis Preferred Plus
- Aeroplan 75k = Avis President’s Club
- Super Elite = Avis President’s Club
- Premium co-brand Cardholder** = Avis President’s Club
** Only applies for primary cardholder. Premium Credit Cards eligible for the offer;
- TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card
- American Express Aeroplan Reserve Card
- American Express Aeroplan Business Reserve Card
- CIBC Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card
Avis Preferred Plus benefits include: complimentary one-car-class upgrade whenever available, a special Avis Preferred Plus number for reservations and customer service support, and the ability to go straight to your car at most locations.
- Aeroplan members must rent an intermediate (group C) vehicle or larger in order to qualify for an upgrade. Offered at participating Avis locations in the U.S, Canada, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand.
Avis President’s Club benefits include: complimentary two-car-class upgrade whenever available, a dedicated reservation/customer service line, and guaranteed car with a 24-hour advance reservation
- Guaranteed rental car availability – Aeroplan members who successfully enroll to Avis President’s Club status will receive a vehicle if they made a reservation 24 hours in advance of rental checkout, up to a full-size 4-door vehicle.
- Complimentary two-car class upgrades – Aeroplan members who successfully enroll to Avis President’s Club status will receive a complimentary two-car class upgrade based on availability. Members must rent an intermediate (group C) vehicle or larger in order to qualify for an upgrade. Offered at participating Avis locations in the U.S, Canada, Europe, Australia and New Zealand.
The first/last name, email address, area/zip code and last four digits of your driver’s license that members submit on the status enrollment page must match the information on their Avis profile. The status match will be in effect immediately but may take up to 7 business days after enrollment and acceptance by Avis to appear on your Avis Preferred profile. For requests processed in 2022, all status match requests will be honoured until December 31, 2023. Thereafter, Avis reserves the right to determine the validity period of the status benefit offering.
Members must maintain Aeroplan Elite Status or continue to hold an Eligible Co-Brand Card in order to continue to benefit from Avis Preferred Plus or Avis President’s Club status, as the case may be. If Aeroplan Elite Status is lost or lower than previous years, Aeroplan may share this data with Avis and Avis Preferred status may also be affected.
Note that through this status upgrade, Avis Preferred profile is updated to make Aeroplan points the default rewards currency for car rentals with Avis – which means that car rentals with Avis will automatically earn Aeroplan points instead of Avis Preferred points. Although this can be changed at any time on Avis Preferred profile.
My status match was confirmed instantly, both on screen, and by email confirmation from Aeroplan and Avis. Happy Matching!
[…] This was published by BoardingArea, to read the complete post please visit https://travelupdate.com/avis-status-match-for-aeroplan-elite-members-and-premium-co-brand-cardholde…. […]