Points Miles and Bling (blog) contains referral or affiliate links. The blog receives a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your continued support. Credit Card issuers are not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details, current product information, and Terms and Conditions, click the link included.
As we inch closer to the launch date for the New Aeroplan Program, on Nov 8, 2020, there are key dates and tasks to keep an eye on. In order to prepare for the changeover, Aeroplan has confirmed that their service (app and web) will be temporarily unavailable between evening of Nov 6, 2020 and the afternoon of Nov 8, 2020. After November 8, members will be able to book flight rewards and view/update existing booking via the Air Canada App. Here are the 5 things to do (or keep an eye on) before Aeroplan outage on Nov 6, 2020;
- Download the latest Air Canada app, to access the new Aeroplan features and benefits on the go from Nov. 8. All updates will be pushed directly on the app. Air Canada App, and Air Canada Web will be the one-stop shop for everything Aeroplan, from enrollment and account management, to earning and redeeming. Both ‘aeroplan.com’ and the Aeroplan mobile app will be decommissioned as the new program launches.
- Book Flight Rewards Before Nov 6! The distance and zone based pricing means we are set to lose some value when the new Aeroplan rolls out on Nov 8th. As flight Rewards will be temporarily unavailable for new reservations, changes and cancellations from the evening of Nov. 6, through the afternoon of Nov. 8, members must book their favourite awards under current system, before the outage. What to book before Nov 6th – Aeroplan awards to book before Nov 6th, 2020 (by Ricky, Prince of Travel) Personally, I have managed to book a couple of trips within Canada already, while bigger intercontinental bookings are pending;
- Priority Rewards will be changing significantly in the new Aeroplan program. Altitude members, especially 100K members, would be better advised to use their pending Priority Rewards by Nov 6, 2020. With Priority Rewards, members have access to unsold seats in Economy Class when redeeming their Aeroplan Miles. For 35k, 50k, 75k members, Priority Reward reservations require double the amount of Aeroplan Miles required for a regular Aeroplan Fixed Mileage Flight Reward. However, 100K members have access to unsold seats in Economy Class – and exclusive access to additional seats in Signature Class – when redeeming their Aeroplan Miles, and require the same amount of Aeroplan Miles as for a regular Aeroplan Fixed Mileage Flight Reward. In my case, I have 7/10 Priority Awards remaining;
Beginning November 8, Aeroplan 35K Members and above will automatically receive Priority Reward vouchers, which they can use immediately to enjoy 50% off the base fare in Aeroplan points when booking an eligible flight reward. Learn more about the new Priority Rewards.
- Select Altitude Privileges no later than Oct 31! As in previous years, Altitude status members must choose their Select Privileges no later than Oct. 31. All status benefits, including eUpgrades, will remain available throughout the transition period.
- Star Alliance Upgrade Awards will be suspended beginning November 1, 2020, scheduled to resume later in 2021. Until October 31, members can request upgrades on an eligible reservation with one of the Star Alliance member airlines, through the Aeroplan website. For cancellations, Aeroplan points will be credited back to the account for Star Alliance Upgrade Award booked prior to October 31.
A complete migration plan for new Aeroplan can be accessed on this website, while the 5 things highlighted above are the ones to action on before the Aeroplan outage on Nov 6th, 2020!