Points Miles and Bling (blog) contains referral or affiliate links. The blog receives a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your continued support. Credit Card issuers are not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details, current product information, and Terms and Conditions, click the link included.
In October 2022, Aeroplan introduced an Aeroplan redemption program for hotels named HotelSavers. This innovative program, a 39-brand, 11-chain partnership, allows Aeroplan members to book top hotels worldwide with up to 30% fewer points than regular hotel redemptions on Aeroplan. Aeroplan is introducing a Fourth Night Free promotion for all Aeroplan Credit Cardholders, which runs from September 13, 2023, to December 31, 2024
Through HotelSavers, members can book hotel stays using Aeroplan points at predictable rates. It introduces a straightforward rewards grid, simplifying point calculations for stays across eight categories, from economy to luxury.
- Luxury – Fairmont, Shangri-La, InterContinental, SLH Small Luxury Hotels of the World, Preferred Hotels & Resorts, Taj, Kimpton Hotels, Sofitel, Six Senses, Regent, Faena, SLS
- Premium – Le Germain Hotels, Omni Hotels, Noble House Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza, Outrigger Hotels & Resorts, Swissôtel, Hotel Indigo, Pullman, MGallery, voco, Escad Hotels, 21C Museum Hotels, Hualuxe, Even Hotels
- Midscale & Economy – Coast hotels, Novotel, alt hotels, Holiday Inn, Candlewood Suites, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, Atwell Suite, avid, Mama Shelter, Holiday Inn Club Vacations, ibis and ibis styles
Note that the redemption rates listed on the chart above include taxes (but not resort fees, where applicable). HotelSavers allows members to book refundable and non-refundable rates, with the option to pay using points or points+cash.
Aeroplan HotelSavers – Fourth Night Free Promotion
- With this new offer, you’ll get the fourth Night free for every four-night consecutive stay you book using your Aeroplan points.
- There are no limits to how many Free fourth nights you can redeem. For example, when booking an eight-night consecutive stay, you only need to redeem Aeroplan points for six nights: no caps or blackout dates.
- Fourth Night Free promotion is available to all eligible Aeroplan primary co-brand Cardholders and linked secondary Cardholders, including those in the United States. The offer runs from September 13, 2023, to December 31, 2024, with the flexibility to book stays for dates beyond 2024.
Should you redeem Aeroplan points for hotels?
In specific circumstances, redeeming Aeroplan points for hotel stays may make sense;
- If you instead use points and keep cash in your pocket. For example, 165,000 Aeroplan points for four nights at Shangri-la Vancouver, vs. ~$2,500 cash rate.
- Suppose you are flush with points and don’t mind redeeming at less than optimum value (usually Flight Rewards in international Premium Cabin). In the example above, at 2.0 cpp, 165,000 points are at least worth $3300.
- Travel as a family and often struggle to find flight reward availability at standard rates – a reality for many Aeroplan members.
Will you redeem Aeroplan points for hotels through this promotion?