Points Miles and Bling (blog) contains referral or affiliate links. The blog receives a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your continued support. Credit Card issuers are not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details, current product information, and Terms and Conditions, click the link included.
The business class fare war being reported south of the Canadian border prompted me to start looking for some Canadian departure options. And wow! (not the airline), I came across some great sub $2K fares on business class to Europe, flying out of Toronto (YYZ). These fares are mostly on TAP Portugal and some on LOT Polish airlines.
Availability is good from May into Summer and through to Xmas and New Years, well into Jan 2018 actually. All fares listed were confirmed on TAP and LOT websites too. Business class fares in TAP would earn 200% (in Aeroplan for example) miles and those in LOT would net 125% of the miles flown.
Business Class to Europe
- Toronto – Barcelona: $2414 CAD or ~$1790 USD
- Toronto – Rome, Milan: ~$2572 CAD or ~$1905 USD
- Toronto – Frankfurt, Munich: ~$2639 CAD or ~$1954 USD
- Toronto – Amsterdam: $2418 CAD or ~$1791 USD
- Toronto – Zurich: $2573 CAD or ~$1907 USD
- Toronto – Paris: $2642 CAD or ~$1957 USD (You could add a 16 hr layover in Warsaw at no additional cost)
- Toronto – Istanbul: $2550 CAD or ~$1888USD
Both TAP Portugal and LOT offer strong business class products. These are great fares to fly in premium cabin and rake in the miles into your favorite star alliance program. I suspect, other alliances wont be far off with their competitive fares for the same routes, though I don’t see them just yet.