Points Miles and Bling (blog) contains referral or affiliate links. The blog receives a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your continued support. Credit Card issuers are not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details, current product information, and Terms and Conditions, click the link included.
Its that time of the year again when select airlines float status match offers to lure elite customer base their way. WestJet status match is back and this year the promotion is called ‘Gold is on the horizon’. Last year, this offer was open for any North American airline elite status holder; however, this year it is open to ANY Travel Reward Program’s (airline, hotel, car rental etc) elite tier status customers. The good news continues in the Terms and Conditions section with “Offer is open to all current and new members of WestJet Rewards, including members who achieved Gold through previous promotional offers, subject to meeting the requirements..”
WestJet Status Match
This is not an instant status match, and requires you to complete one eligible WS flight between now and Oct 31st, 2016. If matched, the WesJest Gold status will be valid until December 2017. The deadline to submit the status match request is September 23, 2016.
WestJet Gold status provides the following benefits;
- Two free checked bags
- Ten airport lounge passes
- No fee for same-day flight changes requested at check-in
- Advance boarding
- Priority screening (at select airports)
- Four advance seat selection vouchers
To participate in this offer, you must do the following;
- Send in proof of top tier status in another airline’s frequent flyer program by email to email@example.com before September 23, 2016. Include the following;
- Your first and last name, as indicated on your WestJet Rewards account
- Your 9-digit WestJet Rewards ID
- Acceptable proof of your current top tier status with another airline or travel rewards program such as a photo or scanned copy of your membership card clearly showing your name, top-tier status and valid dates
- Take at least one WestJet flight between now and October 31, 2016. Your WestJet Rewards ID must be on the booking.
Complete details of this offer can be found here.
This is an incredibly generous offer and one I will definitely be making use of. WesJet Gold offers tremendous value and a chance for me to cut my ties with AC. Definitely looking forward to traveling with WesJet and experiencing their elite service.
Would you status match? Leave your WesJet elite experience in a comment below.