Points Miles and Bling (blog) contains referral or affiliate links. The blog receives a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your continued support. Credit Card issuers are not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details, current product information, and Terms and Conditions, click the link included.
A Cash-back credit card should be a mainstay of every wallet, they are easy to use and can be extremely lucrative if aligned well with household purchasing habits. If you are in the market for a comprehensive cash back card, look no further – In Canada, no other card offers these benefits better than the Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite card. The promotional offer to earn 10% cash back on all purchases for first three months, and First Year Fee waiver, ends in two days – Feb 28, 2019!
Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite card (Apply Now):
- Annual Fee: $99 (First Year Free)
- Welcome Bonus: 10% Cash Back on all purchases for first 3 months (up to $2000) *applicable on new accounts opened before Feb 28, 2019*
- Earning Rate: 4% on eligible gas station and grocery store purchases, 2% on eligible drug store purchases and recurring bill payments, 1% cash back on all other eligible everyday purchases
- Other Key Benefits: 24/7 complimentary concierge service, access to the VISA Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection and the VISA Infinite Dining Series, comprehensive insurance coverage including travel medical and accident insurance, trip interruption insurance, baggage loss and delay insurance, and car rental collision loss/damage waiver insurance
- Redeeming Scotia Rewards® points
- Booked directly through Scotia Rewards® Travel Service (full-service travel agency): 1 cent a piece, 10,000 points for $100 and so on..
- Book with ANY Travel Provider: Apply points at 1 cent a piece
- Redeem as Statement Credit: Redemption value can range from 0.6-0.8 cents per point
- Convert to SCENE Points (or vice versa)
- Redeem for gift cards, prepaid cards or other merchandise
With the first year fee waived and a 10% cash back on first three months (capped at $200), this card offers a value of $299 up front. The best welcome bonus offer in Canada!
Even without the welcome bonus offer, if we assume a monthly expense of $2000 ($1000 in gas and groceries, $500 in drugs and bill payments, $500 in all other expenses), the card yields a cash back of $660 per year ($55 monthly). The 4% cash back on gas and groceries is extremely generous and can be maximized by purchasing gift cards to other vendors.
The promotional offer ends in two days. If you are looking for a cash back card, get it now!