Points Miles and Bling (blog) contains referral or affiliate links. The blog receives a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your continued support. Credit Card issuers are not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details, current product information, and Terms and Conditions, click the link included.
Icelandair has published great fares to Europe out of Toronto, Canada from Oct-Dec 2017. Economy fares start at $500 CAD (~$370 USD) and Business class fares from $2400 CAD (~$1800 USD). Flying on Icelandair Business Class fares has tremendous perks – up to 375% Alaska Miles!!!
Icelandair is a Alaska partner and flying Saga Class (Icelandair Business) earns 150% miles + additional 100% bonus + upto 125% bonus miles for Alaska Elite members.
For Example: A round trip from Toronto to Amsterdam, listed at $2400 (~$1750 USD) will earn 7466 Base miles + 3733 Class of Service bonus + 7466 Additional Bonus + 9333 Elite bonus (MVP 75K), for a grand total of 27,998 miles!!!
Note: Only Base miles earned and class of service bonuses on Icelandair count toward Mileage Plan elite status.
Business class (Books in C class)
Following fares are available on several dates between Oct – Dec 2017, I searched using google flights.
- Toronto – Amsterdam: ~$2400 CAD (~$1750 USD)
- Toronto – Brussels: ~$2400 CAD (~$1750 USD)
- Toronto – Paris: ~$2500 CAD (~$1850 USD)
- Toronto – London (LGW): ~$2700 CAD (~$2000 USD)
- Toronto – Glasgow: ~$2700 CAD (~$2000 USD)
Economy (Books in U class)
U-class fares earn only 25% base miles with Alaska Mileage plan. Following fares are available on several dates between Oct – Dec 2017, I searched using google flights.
- Toronto – Paris: ~$503 CAD (~$370USD)
- Toronto – Amsterdam: ~$530 CAD (~$392 USD)
- Toronto – Glasgow: ~$584 CAD (~$430 USD)
- Toronto – London (LGW): ~602 CAD (~$450 USD)
- Toronto – Brussels: ~$653 CAD (~$480 USD)
Icelandair allows upto 7 night layover in Reykjavik, Iceland at no additional cost. They also run a unique Stopover Buddy Service that allows travellers to explore the country with a local, at no additional cost.