Points Miles and Bling (blog) contains referral or affiliate links. The blog receives a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your continued support. Credit Card issuers are not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details, current product information, and Terms and Conditions, click the link included.
Last Call on Alaska Mileage Plan’s most lucrative bonus promotion, up to 60% bonus miles. Not every account gets the 60% bonus, though the mystery bonus ranges from 40%-60%. If you were lucky enough to score a 60% bonus offer, you could buy Alaska miles for as little as 1.85 Cents Per Mile, with a minimum purchase of 40 000 miles completed by May 21, 2023.
Buy Alaska Miles – up to 60% Bonus
Promotion Link to miles Purchase
Each account has been targetted with offers between 40%-60% bonus, and the tiers look like this;
- Buy or gift 3,000-19,000 miles, and get 40% bonus miles.
- Buy or gift 20,000-39,000 miles, and get 50% bonus miles.
- Buy or gift 40,000-100,000 miles, and get 60% bonus miles.
I would buy with a 60% bonus, as this promotion can be maxed by purchasing 100K (160K with bonus) miles for ~ USD 2956.25 at 1.85 CPM – a good value!! Even if you start at zero balance, with this promotion, you can fly from North America to Asia in business class (60K miles, on Cathay, for example) for $1100 or in First Class (70K miles) for $1295!
USD 2956 is a lot of money; not everyone will be keen on shelling that amount for 160K miles. However, it’s the best offer from Alaska yet, and worth considering. Alaska miles continue to be one of the most valuable airlines currency in the market and comes with great airline partners and routing sweet spots (including a stopover on one-way awards) – here are a couple of examples;
- Cathay Pacific from North America to Asia, o/w for 30K/35K/50K/70K across all cabins
- Fiji Airways (no first class) and Qantas from North America to Australia, o/w for 55k in Business or 70K in First Class.
- American Airlines from North America to Europe, o/w for 22.5K/57.5K across Econ and Business.
Additional Terms and Conditions of the Promotion
- Transactions must be completed between 6:00 AM PT April 10, 2023 and 11:59 PM PT May 21, 2023 to be eligible for bonus miles.
- Miles are purchased from Points.com Inc. for a cost of $27.50 per 1,000 miles, plus GST/HST for Canadian residents and QST for Quebec residents.
- Miles are non-refundable and do not count toward MVP and MVP/Gold status.
- You may purchase and gift Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan miles in increments of 1,000 miles up to 60,000 miles, and in increments of 5,000 miles up to a maximum of 100,000 miles per transaction.
- MVP, MVP Gold, MVP Gold 75K and MVP Gold 100K Mileage Plan member (Elite Member) accounts have no annual limit on the number of miles which may be purchased or gifted through Points.com. If you are not an Elite Member, your account may only be credited up to a maximum total of 150,000 miles acquired through Points.com in a calendar year, whether purchased by you or gifted to you. Bonus miles do not count toward the maximum total of 150,000 miles.
- Offer is subject to change and all terms and conditions of the Mileage Plan Program apply.
- *Points.com Inc. is collecting Federal Excise Tax on behalf of Alaska Airlines Inc.
- Alaska Airlines Inc. has the obligation to collect Federal Excise Tax and remit the tax to the appropriate government agency.
I got the 60% bonus but the minimum to buy is 40K. Hmmmm
Buy or gift 3,000-19,000 miles, get 40% bonus miles.
Buy or gift 20,000-39,000 miles, get 50% bonus miles.
Best deal: Buy or gift 40,000-100,000 miles, get 60% bonus miles.