Points Miles and Bling (blog) contains referral or affiliate links. The blog receives a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your continued support. Credit Card issuers are not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details, current product information, and Terms and Conditions, click the link included.
Hilton has quite possibly unleashed the most generous offer to achieve status in 2021 and beyond. It is now possible to earn Hilton Honors Diamond status for a full 2 years and three months, with just 15 nights in 2020. This opportunity leverages two current promotions – the Hilton Double Rewards promotion, and lowering the status requirement by 50% for 2021.
Hilton Honors Diamond Status 2021
The Hilton Double Rewards promotion allows members to earn double points and double night credits for all stays between September 8 and December 31, 2020. Additionally, Hilton has also added Rollover Nights to this promotion which allows members to count all their 2020 nights in 2021, including double night credits. Essentially, if I book 15 nights before December 31, 2020, my account for 2020 would read 30 nights, which then rollover to 2021.
On October 27, 2020, Hilton also announced adjustments to 2020 and 2021 policies, which included lowering elite status requirements in 2021 by 50%. Which means Diamond status which usually requires 60 nights to qualify, would only require 30 nights in 2021.
The two promotions have a lovely intersection at play: I currently have zero Hilton nights in my account for 2020. Using the double nights rewards promotion, if I book 15 nights in 2020, it will double to 30 nights. In January, 2021, the 30 nights will rollover from 2020 and get me Diamond status right away, due to reduced qualification requirements for 2021. The elite nights earned in 2021, (on Jan 1st) will qualify me for Diamond status throughout 2022 as well. The Hilton Honors Diamond Status 2021 would be good until March 31, 2023 – a full two years and 3 months. A mattress run worth doing, imo.
Other Hilton policy adjustments for 2021
- Lower Milestone Bonus Night Threshold: Gold members will earn 10,000 Bonus Points for 20 nights stayed and will continue earning the additional 10,000 Bonus Points every 10 nights above that level in a calendar year. At 60 nights, a member would still earn the additional Milestone Bonus of 30,000 Bonus Points.
- Reducing Gifting Status Night Threshold: Diamond members who stay 30 nights in 2021 will be able to gift Gold status (was previously 60 nights) or 60 nights to upgrade the gift to Diamond status (was previously 100 nights).
- Extending Benefits for Hilton Honors American Express Card Members
- Bonus Points will continue to count as Base Points on eligible purchases through December 31, 2021 on all cards and count toward Elite tier qualification, including Lifetime Diamond Status.
- All 2021-issued Free Weekend Night Reward certificates can be used any night of the week and expiration will be extended to December 31, 2022. Unexpired Free Weekend Night Rewards as of December 31, 2020 will expire in accordance with their previously communicated terms. All Free Weekend Night Reward certificates can also continue to be used any night of the week.
- Extending Status to March 31, 2022: Silver, Gold and Diamond members that were set to downgrade in 2020 or 2021, can keep their status longer.
- Extending Points Expiration: No Points will expire until December 31, 2021.
Great move by Hilton, I wonder if other hotel chains would respond with equally generous policies allowing members to envision the next two years, and not just 2021. Hilton Honors Diamond Status 2021 should now be within reach even for someone with zero qualifying nights in October 2020, or without the credit card to meet spend requirements. Would you mattress run for Diamond status until 2023?