Points Miles and Bling (blog) contains referral or affiliate links. The blog receives a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your continued support. Credit Card issuers are not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details, current product information, and Terms and Conditions, click the link included.
Back in October, Westjet announced a Platinum tier as the highest level of loyalty for its members. Today, the details of the Platinum Tier have been made public – WestJet Platinum benefits are impressive overall.
WestJet Platinum Benefits
Qualification requirements for WestJet Rewards Tiers is as shown below – the new Platinum tier requires minimum spend of $8000 in a qualifying year. For members that have met these requirements now, the tier should be active right away.
Key benefits of the new Platinum Tier:
- Earn 8% in WestJet Dollars (WSD) when you fly WestJet flights
- Earn 100% WSD when flying with partner airlines (Delta, Air France, KLM and Qantas)
- Complimentary upgrades with EconoFlex fares (excluding flights to Europe!)
- Unlimited advance seat selection (member use only, across all tiers)
- 10 lounge access vouchers
- Three free checked bags
- Milestone reward – Companion Voucher for achieving $4,000, $6000 and $8000 in qualifying spend
For a full list of WestJet Platinum benefits, click here
I wonder if RBC will revamp their cards to offer tier incentives with card spend.
That would be nice. For now, you can double dip, 2% return on top of 8% as plat..