Points Miles and Bling (blog) contains referral or affiliate links. The blog receives a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your continued support. Credit Card issuers are not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details, current product information, and Terms and Conditions, click the link included.
Air Canada and Aeroplan have published their limited time offer, where Aeroplan members can earn up to 3X miles. All new bookings made by November 11, 2017, for travel by April 30, 2018 will be eligible for bonus Aeroplan miles. The bonuses are tiered, based on the class of service.
Bonus Aeroplan miles on flying Air Canada
- Earn 50% bonus Aeroplan miles when flying on Tango Fare (W,G, S,T,L,A,F,K)
- Earn 2X bonus Aeroplan miles when flying on Flex (M,U,H,Q,V,W,G) or Latitude Fare (Y,B)
- Earn 3X bonus Aeroplan miles when flying in Premium Economy (E,N,O), Premium Rouge (J,C,D,Z,P) or Business Class fare (Z,P, J,C,D)
Register for the promotion here
Some blanket Terms and Conditions for the promotion;
- Registration is required – Register here
- Only new bookings made between October 12, 2017 and Nov 11, 2017 by 19:59 ET, will earn bonus Aeroplan miles on select routes for travel between Oct 12, 2017 and April 30, 2018.
- In order to qualify as a ‘new booking’, the booking must have been created for the first time. Bookings made prior to promotion dates do not qualify. Making changes to old booking for a new booking reference also does not qualify.
- A minimum of one round-trip or two one-way segments is required to earn any Bonus Aeroplan Miles.
- Bonus Aeroplan Miles are not Altitude Qualifying Miles and do not count towards Air Canada Altitude.
- Bonus is applicable only on non-stop or direct flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express and Air Canada Rouge.
- Aeroplan Flight Rewards are not eligible for bonus miles.
Bonus Aeroplan miles – Eligible Routes
Eligible routes cover the entire Air Canada network – Bonus miles can be accumulated on flights between Canada and Central & South America, Eruope, Africa, The Middle East, India, Asia and Australia, and as well as as select flights within Canada, and between Canada and the U.S. and select sun destinations.
Region specific eligible routes are available on the registration page – here
I register for all promotions even if I don’t plan on using them. This is a good and easy way of earning bonus Aeroplan miles for flights I would be taking anyways. While the future of Aeroplan may be uncertain, they still offer great sweet spots and remain one of my primary loyalty programs. Redeeming for Business class to Europe for 55K (one-way) or flying the Swiss throne seats to India for 75K (one-way) remain my go-to routes with Aeroplan.