Points Miles and Bling (blog) contains referral or affiliate links. The blog receives a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your continued support. Credit Card issuers are not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details, current product information, and Terms and Conditions, click the link included.
Perhaps not the best timing leading up to a busy travel long weekend, but Air Canada has confirmed that Aeroplan will be unavailable (scheduled maintenence) from April 4, 9pm ET and is expected to resume the monring og April 5, 2023. This interruption will apply to both Aeroplan’s website and mobile app. If you were hoping to snag that last minute long weekend award availability, you have until 9pm tonight to finalize your booking.
Following services will be unavialable during the scheduled maintenence;
- Enrollment in the Aeroplan program
- Access to Aeroplan account to check transactions and activities
- Booking flight rewards
- Redeeming points for merchandise, car rentals, hotel reservations, and other rewards.
- Link or unlink to/from Aeroplan partners
- Points Conversion
- Using points towards Wi-Fi access or AC Bid Upgrades
- The down time will also affect Flight Passes, and it will not be possible to:
- Shop for Flight Passes
- Manage, change or cancel a Flight Pass booking
- Elite members will not be able to:
- Choose Select Benefits
- Use Priority Rewards, Companion or Buddy Passes
- Access Maple Leaf Lounge One-Time Guest Passes
- Gift a Status Pass
Following services will not be impacted by the scheduled maintenece outage;
- Web check-in services
- Cash bookings
- Use of Aeroplan card to earn points
- Other non-Aeroplan related web services on Air Canada
I can appreciate Aeoplan giving all members a heads up on the upcoming outage. However, an exact time for the services to be restored has not been identified, just that it would be early morning of April 5th. With a busy long weekend travel coming up, hopefully members will be able to access their accounts, points balance, flight redemptions, and other awards again by the morning of April 5, 2023. If you have any urgent inquiries or issues during the maintenance period, you can contact Aeroplan’s customer support. Once again, Aeroplan will be unavialable from April 4, 9pm ET to morning of April 5, 2023.