Points Miles and Bling (blog) contains referral or affiliate links. The blog receives a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your continued support. Credit Card issuers are not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details, current product information, and Terms and Conditions, click the link included.
Aeroplan has definitely transformed how members engage and behave around the program. Since launching the revamped Aeroplan back in 2020, the program has announced partners at an eye-popping rate, and has become a one-stop-shop for all things travel. Extending the juggernaut today, Aeroplan is introducing HotelSavers – a 39 brand, 11 chain partnership which will allow Aeroplan members to book top hotels in the world with up to 30% fewer points, compared to regular hotel redemptions on Aeroplan.
HotelSavers categorizes its brand partners in three distinct categories, and sets up a simple awards grid for members to follow. The hotel categories are spread from 1-8, and start for as low as 10,000 points, and top off at 105,000 points for category 8 properties.
- Luxury – Fairmont, Shangri-La, InterContinental, SLH Small Luxury Hotels of the World, Preferred Hotels & Resorts, Taj, Kimpton Hotels, Sofitel, Six Senses, Regent, Faena, SLS
- Premium – Le Germain Hotels, Omni Hotels, Noble House Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza, Outrigger Hotels & Resorts, Swissôtel, Hotel Indigo, Pullman, MGallery, voco, Escad Hotels, 21C Museum Hotels, Hualuxe, Even Hotels
- Midscale & Economy – Coast hotels, Novotel, alt hotels, Holiday Inn, Candlewood Suites, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, Atwell Suite, avid, Mama Shelter, Holiday Inn Club Vacations, ibis and ibis styles
Note that the redemption rates listed on the chart above includes taxes (but not resort fees, where applicable). HotelSavers will provide members options to book refundable, and non-refundable rates, with the option to pay using points or points+cash.
While many hotel loyalty programs have chosen to go fully dynamic, HotelSavers will help members plan around a predictable redemption chart. And as with most things points, there will be sweet spots in the program for members to leverage – think peak travel season. HotelSavers will be a handy program for the savvy points traveller that does not chase a single hotel chain, but chases value instead. For those that are loyal to a certain chain of hotels, best to know that it will be YMMV as it relates to earning elite night credits and elite benefits – but Aeroplan shares that they are working to confirm elite credits/benefits with each brand.
My personal favourite is the map tool which helps visualize the location against filters of Brand, Categories, and Star Ratings – making it fun to browse the possibilities.
Here are handful of sample redemption values as presented by Aeroplan;
- Inter-Continental Bora Bora Resort (Category 8) – 71,000 pts/night
- Fairmont Mayakoba Resort, Playa Del Carmen (Category 7) – 60,000 pts/night
- Shangri-La Toronto (Category 6) – 45,000 pts/night
- Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort (Category 6) – 43,000 pts/night
- Taj Exotica Hotel and Spa, Goa (Category 5) – 39,000 pts/night
- Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile (Category 5) – 36,000 pts/night
- Le Germain Charlevoix Hotel & Spa, Baie-Saint-Paul (Category 4) – 33,000 pts/night
- Claris Hotel and Spa (SLH), Barcelona (Category 3) – 24,000 pts/night
- Lorenzo Hotel (Preferred Hotels & Resorts), Dallas (Category 2) – 12,000 pts/night
HotelSavers will provide members up to 30% more value per points, compared to regular hotel redemption rates on Aeroplan. In points or cash, travellers spend more on hotel stays than on airline, and Aeroplan HotelSavers would help leverage better value towards non-airline redemptions for its members.