Points Miles and Bling (blog) contains referral or affiliate links. The blog receives a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your continued support. Credit Card issuers are not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details, current product information, and Terms and Conditions, click the link included.
The much talked about Marriott Bonvoy points sale is now live, with 60% bonus when buying 2000 points or more. This is the highest bonus promotion from Marriott and will be applicable on all transactions completed between 9:00 AM ET May 18, 2020 and 11:59 PM ET June 30, 2020.
Marriott Bonvoy Points Sale – 60% Bonus
The 60% bonus brings the selling points to 0.78 cents per point, which makes this the best points purchase promotion we have seen from Marriott. Although members can purchase 50,000 points in each transaction, the purchase limit has been doubled to 100,000 for the duration of this promotion. Members can buy or gift up to 50,000 points at a time. Note that points purchased previously count towards the 100k yearly limit. The points purchase will be processed by points.com and not Marriott directly, it would be best to use a credit card that earns the most on everyday spend.
Given that I redeem mostly at mid-tier Marriott properties, I value Marriott Bonvoy points at 0.7 cents a piece. At 0.78 cents a piece, I will definitely be topping up our household accounts. A quick reminder that Marriott Bonvoy allows points advance booking (up to 5) as long as the required points are in the account at least 14 days prior to check-in. Bonvoy points also convert to several airline miles at 3:1 ratio, plus a 5k bonus on every 60,000 points converted, equaling 25K airline miles.
Terms & Conditions of the Promotion
- Transactions must be completed between 9:00 AM ET May 18, 2020 and 11:59 PM ET June 30, 2020 to be eligible for the 60% bonus points offer with a minimum purchase of 2,000 points.
- Purchased points do not count towards Marriott Bonvoy Elite status.
- A member may purchase or receive as a gift from another member a combined maximum of 100,000 points during the promotional period only. Points that have been already purchased or received as a gift in 2020 are included in the 100,000 points limit.
- Points may be purchased in increments of 1,000, with a minimum purchase of 2,000 points required.
- Points can be purchased at a rate of $12.50 (USD) per 1,000 points.
- Points purchases will be processed up to 7 business days after purchase.
- Base points purchased will be deposited into members’ accounts first. Bonus points will be deposited up to 48 hours after that initial deposit.
- You must be a member in good standing to both purchase and receive points.
- A new member may purchase points thirty (30) days after enrollment if their Marriott Bonvoy account reflects qualifying activity as described in the Marriott Bonvoy Program Rules. After ninety (90) days from enrollment, a new member is eligible to purchase points regardless of their account activity.
- Once points have been purchased or gifted, no refunds will be permitted.
- Purchasing points using a Marriott Bonvoy™ co-brand credit card will earn points as an everyday purchase.
- This offer is valid only for points purchased through the promotion’s Buy Points or Gift Points pages.
- All Marriott Bonvoy Program Rules apply and can be found at https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms//default.mi.