Points Miles and Bling (blog) contains referral or affiliate links. The blog receives a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your continued support. Credit Card issuers are not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details, current product information, and Terms and Conditions, click the link included.
Alaska Mileage Plan’s fist points sale of 2019 is a 40% bonus . Alaska 40% more miles is applicable on minimum purchase of 30K miles, on transactions completed until February 22nd, 2019.
ALASKA 40% MORE MILES
Promotion Link to miles Purchase
This promotion is tiered with 20% bonus on purchase of 5K miles. Minimum purchase of 30K points is required for the 40% bonus. The bonus tiers look like this;
Buy 5,000 — 19,000 miles = 20% bonus @ 2.46 CPM
Buy 20,000 — 29,000 miles = 30% bonus @ 2.27 CPM
Buy 30,000 — 60,000 miles = 40% bonus @ 2.1 CPM
With a 40% bonus, this promotion can be maxed by purchasing 60K (84K with bonus) miles for ~$1774 USD at 2.1 CPM – a good value!! Even if you start at zero balance, with this promotion you can fly from North America to Asia in First Class (60K miles, on Cathay for example) for $1271 or in First Class (70K miles) for $1478, wow!
$1774 USD is a lot of money and not everyone will be keen on shelling that amount to earn the 84K, however, it’s a good offer to top up accounts. Alaska miles are one of the most valuable airlines currency in the market and come with great airline partners and routing sweet spots – couple of examples;
- Cathay Pacific from North America to Asia (Cathay Pacific Business Class on 777-300ER review 2018), oneway for 30K/35K/50K/70K across all cabins
- KLM from North America to Middle East, oneway for 40K/70K across Econ and Business.
Additional Terms and Conditions of the promotion
- Transactions must be completed between 6:00 AM PST January 24, 2019 and 11:59 PM PST February 22, 2019 to be eligible for bonus miles.
- Miles are purchased from Points.com Inc. for a cost of $27.50 per 1,000 miles, plus a 7.5% Federal Excise Tax*, and GST/HST for Canadian residents.
- Miles are non-refundable and do not count toward MVP and MVP/Gold status.
- You may purchase and gift Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan miles in increments of 1,000 miles to a maximum of 60,000 miles per transaction.
- Your Mileage Plan account may be credited up to a maximum total of 150,000 miles acquired through Points.com in a calendar year, whether purchased by you or gifted to you.
- MVP, MVP Gold and MVP Gold 75K Mileage Plan member accounts have no annual limit on the number of miles which may be purchased or gifted through Points.com.
- Offer is subject to change and all terms and conditions of the Mileage Plan Program apply.
- *Points.com Inc. is collecting Federal Excise Tax on behalf of Alaska Airlines Inc.
- Alaska Airlines Inc. has the obligation to collect Federal Excise Tax and remit the tax to the appropriate government agency
Disclaimer: My blog contains referral or affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you, please consider using my links for your purchase. Thank you for your continued support.