Points Miles and Bling (blog) contains referral or affiliate links. The blog receives a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your continued support. Credit Card issuers are not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details, current product information, and Terms and Conditions, click the link included.
Last chance at mystery offer of up to 50% bonus on purchased Alaska miles. The Alaska mystery bonus promotion is applicable on all transactions completed until 11:59 PM PST October 4, 2018. If you scored a 50% bonus, you can purchase at an incredible 1.97 CPM!
ALASKA MYSTERY BONUS
Promotion Link to miles Purchase
Alaska bonus kicks in when buying a minimum of 10K miles. Luckily I was targeted with a 50% bonus and the bonus tiers look like this;
Buy 10,000 – 19,000 miles, get a 20% bonus
Buy 20,000 – 39,000 miles, get a 35% bonus
Buy 40,000 – 60,000 miles, get a 50% bonus
With a 50% bonus, this promotion can be maxed by purchasing 60K (90K with bonus) miles for ~$1774 USD at 1.97 CPM – an incredible value!! Even if you start at zero balance, with this promotion you can fly from North America to Asia in business class (60K miles, on Cathay for example) for $1182 or in First Class (70K miles) for $1292, wow!
$1774 USD is a lot of money and not everyone will be keen on shelling that amount to earn the 90K, however, its a good offer to top up accounts. Alaska miles are one of the most valuable airlines currency in the market and come with great airline partners and routing sweet spots – couple of examples;
- Cathay Pacific from North America to Asia (Cathay Pacific Business Class on 777-300ER review 2018), oneway for 30K/35K/50K/70K across all cabins
- KLM from North America to Middle East, oneway for 40K/70K across Econ and Business.
Additional Terms and Conditions of the promotion
- Transactions must be completed between 6:00 AM PST August 20, 2018 and 11:59 PM PST October 4, 2018 to be eligible for bonus miles.
- Only Mileage Plan™ members who receive this offer directly from Alaska Airlines via email are qualified to participate. This is an exclusive, non-transferable offer for the intended recipient only and may not be forwarded.
- Miles are purchased from Points.com Inc. for a cost of $27.50 per 1,000 miles, plus a 7.5% Federal Excise Tax*, and GST/HST for Canadian residents.
- Miles are non-refundable and do not count toward MVP and MVP/Gold status.
- Offer is subject to change and all terms and conditions of the Mileage Plan Program apply.
- *Points.com Inc. is collecting Federal Excise Tax on behalf of Alaska Airlines Inc.
- Alaska Airlines Inc. has the obligation to collect Federal Excise Tax and remit the tax to the appropriate government agency.
Disclaimer: My blog contains referral or affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you, please consider using my links for your purchase. Thank you for your continued support.