Points Miles and Bling (blog) contains referral or affiliate links. The blog receives a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your continued support. Credit Card issuers are not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details, current product information, and Terms and Conditions, click the link included.
Building on the partnership first announced in 2021, Aeroplan and Uber Canada have announced an enhanced partnership bringing grocery and retail deliveries on Uber Eats into the fold. Starting May 3, Aeroplan members can earn 1 Aeroplan point per $1 spent on eligible orders in the Grocery and Retail sections of the Uber Eats app, with no minimum spend required.
- Launch offer: 5X Aeroplan points on their next grocery or retail delivery order with Uber Eats from May 3 until May 31
- 250-point monthly bonus: Members will earn an additional 250 bonus Aeroplan points when completing an eligible ride (premium or airport ride), a restaurant food delivery order of $40 or more, and an eligible order from the Grocery or Retail section through Uber and Uber Eats in the same calendar month, every month
- New eater bonus: 1,000 bonus Aeroplan points when members open their first Uber Eats account and complete their first eligible order from a Restaurant, Retail, or Grocery section in the Uber Eats app
- New rider bonus: 1,000 bonus Aeroplan points when members open their first Uber account and take their first ride with Uber
- Uber Cash: Convert Aeroplan points to Uber Cash in the Uber app, from as little as 3,000 points for $25, which can be used towards Uber orders or an Uber One subscription
Earning Aeroplan points with Uber
- 1x on rides to the airport
- 1x on Premium rides
- 2x on Premium rides to the airport
- $20 Air Canada flight credit with every ten rides
- 1x on restaurant orders of $25 or more
- 1x on grocery and retail delivery (no min. spend required)
Redeeming Aeroplan points with Uber
- Uber Cash: Starting from 3000 points for $25
- Uber eGift Card: starting from 3000 points for $25
- Uber One membership: 3-month membership for 3575 for linked accounts
How to link Aeroplan and Uber Canada accounts?
The key to earning opportunities mentioned above is to link your accounts. Here’s how you go about it;
- Open your Uber or Uber Eats App
- Add your eligible Aeroplan credit card to your Uber account;
- Activate your free Uber Pass membership and use your Aeroplan credit card when paying for qualifying purchases (the same one used to activate your free membership)
Aeroplan continues to add value and earning opportunities for Canadians. As a household that engages significantly with Uber services, we are excited about the prospect of more earnings with the enhanced partnership. My preferred credit card for Uber expenses is the Scotiabank Amex Gold (3x Scene+ points on rideshare), and Amex Cobalt (2x Membership Rewards on rideshare)