Points Miles and Bling (blog) contains referral or affiliate links. The blog receives a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your continued support. Credit Card issuers are not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details, current product information, and Terms and Conditions, click the link included.
Last year Aeroplan had officially announced a new partnership with Chase, and as step-1 towards that partnership, starting today, Tuesday, August 3rd, Aeroplan has become a transfer partner in Chase’s Ultimate Rewards (UR) program. This is amazing news for existing Chase members, who can transfer UR points to Aeroplan 1:1, and leverage future travel plans with Aeroplan’s 40 partner airlines, including Star Alliance network, and recent partnerships with Etihad, Azul, Vistara, Virgin Australia, Air Dolomiti, Air Serbia, and Eurowings Discover.
Aeroplan and Chase partnership
Eligible Chase cardmembers (Sapphire Preferred, Sapphire Reserve, JPMorgan Reserve, Ink Business Preferred, Ink Plus, Corporate Flex ) can transfer Ultimate Rewards points to their Aeroplan account in increments of 1,000 at full 1:1 value. Amongst many reasons to transfer points to The New Bold and Radical Aeroplan program, here are some of my favourite features;
- 40+ partner airlines to build your itinerary (No YQ/YR on flight rewards)
- Fixed award pricing on partner airlines
- Ability to add a stopover to an international itinerary for just 5,000 points
- Aeroplan Family Sharing, making it easy for families to combine points together – for free
Aeroplan and Chase Co-brand card
We know that Chase will be the exclusive issuer of Air Canada’s Aeroplan U.S. credit card, and that it will a World Elite Mastercard – Chase Aeroplan World Elite Mastercard. Today, Aeroplan has announced an exclusive waitlist bonus of 10,000 Aeroplan points in addition to the launch offer, upon card approval.
- Join a waitlist to be among the first to know when the card will launch
- The Waitlist Offer is only valid for participants who sign up for the waitlist program prior to November 8, 2021
- To qualify for the bonus Aeroplan points offered, an eligible application for the Chase Aeroplan Card must be received by Chase by no later than February 15, 2022 through the application link provided in the waitlist email
If the recent bonuses on Canadian Aeroplan cards are anything to go by, I would expect that the launch offer for the Chase Aeroplan World Elite Mastercard to be in the 75k range. An additional 10k would be a good way to enter that relationship, so make sure you get yourself on the waitlist. Since the Chase ‘5/24 rule’ (no more than 5 cards in past 24 months) will apply to this card, make sure you plan accordingly. Happy Chase-ing.